View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 02:06 PM
troypiggo (Troy)
Bust Duster

Wouldn't be debayering if you're shooting with a mono camera.

It's a bit hard to see at 100% pixel level on your images, because IIS's compression of the JPGs is introducing artefacts as well. But if you're using PI's BatchPreProcessing, maybe try experimenting with the ImageRegistration pixel interpolation methods. I was getting weird artefacts around stars on binned images with "auto" but after some experimenting, bicubic b-spline gave best results and no artefacts.

I tend, however, to agree with Slawomir in that it's there in all filters, just that the Ha signal is dominating, while for the OIII/SII you need to stretch them more. You probably need a lot more OIII/SII signal in terms of sub length - like 15, 20, even 30 min long?

How are you stretching in PI? Maybe try different methods? I know you said you used HT, but was that by copying over the STF settings (ie drag the blue triangle onto HT window etc)? Try masked stretch process and see if better. Try playing with clipping/blackpoint settings. Try stretching using curves instead of HT or masked stretch.