View Single Post
Old 14-10-2014, 10:55 AM
AstroJason (Jason)

Daylight Nightlight - HD Time Lapse Video

It has been a very long time since I posted a time lapse video on here. Whenever I did, I always said it was part of a larger project... Well finally I finished that project a few months ago.

This video took me well over a year to complete shooting. It took months just to get all the dark sky sequences, which as most of you know, 30 seconds worth of time lapse video takes ~4-5 hours of actual time to get. At the time juggling work and being able to get to a dark sky was always a challenge so this is a mix of daytime shots as well as night shots, hence the title.

I have estimated the number of exposures taken to be able 7000 shots but it could be more (I should have kept count)! It was both fun and frustrating processing this as Lightroom really began to struggle on my machine to render the sequences. It was interesting even just trying to find a piece of music that would work well with the video, and trying to match it to all the different sequences was fun too.

Anyway, strap yourself in, put your headphones on and enjoy the video. Best watched in full screen mode at 1080p. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Daylight Nightlight - HD Time Lapse

Thanks for watching!

Jason