View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 12:50 PM
marc4darkskies (Marcus)
Billions and Billions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Sitall. That was a smart upgrade choice. I notice with my CDK temp needs to be within .5 to 1C of ambient to get best focus and sharpest images. Not that its a big deal as it just takes about an hour to get there perhaps an hour and a half.

But I think that is a useful upgrade.

Greg.
Yes indeed - temperature is not something I worry about. I was 2 or 3 degrees above ambient for most of the night and my focus seemed fine. Night before last sucked though - terrible seeing. Last night I couldn't tell - it was cloudy!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Man! this beauty must have hit the bank account ...all awesome though and.... ya only live once
Yep, I dropped a few bob on it. Still a lot cheaper than the equivalent RCOS would have been though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniPol View Post
I'm still trying to figure out ways to come up with the necessary $45-50K for one of these superlative ultra supreme scopes. It is either buy lots of scratchies or get into real estate.
You must want a BIG one then Steve - mine's only a little 14" ... and it wasn't THAT expensive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
I'm thinking just extend the mortgage... why not? just be in debt a little (lot?) longer ...hmmm? thinking, thinking...then there is the PME and automation gear for the (new) dome...Hmmmm? thinking thinking ...thanks Marcus

Mike
You only live once Mike! And you can't take it with you!!! You know, a PME II would look nice in your dome!! Then you'd also have an excuse to buy a 100kg telescope to put on it