View Single Post
Old 27-09-2011, 06:27 AM
rcheshire (Rowland)

Paul. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. The way I see it is this.

With an unguided set up that tracks well over exposures up 5 or 6 minutes (oldish Takahashi EM200b), upgrading hardware - encoders and so on - is probably an exponential leap that I can't justify - the additional expense vs the time I am able to dedicate seriously to imaging.

What I would like however, is to bypass the modded camera thing and the calibration efforts associated with DSLR's.

Possibly, the best option is an OSC without all the bells and whistles as a simple replacement for a DSLR - meeting the goals above. The down side is that if I ever have the time and opportunity to meet AP head on and do some serious imaging then I will need to spend again.

So my next question is what should I look for in an OSC camera - putting cost aside for the moment. As far as sensor quality is concerned and cooling capabilities, I'm interested in knowing what are considered quality OSC cameras. I am doing my own reading of course, but hands on experience is worth its weight in gold.