Thread: Wings over Vela
View Single Post
Old 29-11-2019, 05:44 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Bart, Peter & Mark - Thanks gents! Delighted that you enjoy this image too

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham.hobart View Post
Another cracker Andy. Smooth and rich and well coloured.
I notice some spikes on the bigger stars -is this a spill of photons from the well ? as it is a small APO. I am in the camp of loving spikes so for me it adds to the image.
Consistently raising the bar from the burbs!
The other thing I would add is that you really do know how to frame a pic for presentation. Such a dramatic eye catching grab.
Hey thanks Graz, Yes I think you're right about the photon spill as the spikes were not added in post as such.

Regarding composition, I spend ages framing an image, often pre-framing & pre-visualising an image by pulling up a nice pic of the region I want to image, then using a matchbox or similar that represents my FOV, I move it around the screen until I find a pleasing result, chose which orientation looks best then take a screen shot and viola, use that to carefully frame the target in the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
Lovely image AC. The SV70 really produces the goods doesn't it!
Yes mate, it certainly punches well above it's weight! Great bang for buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
That's a lovely looking scene Andy, suits the Ha/OIII only treatment. The moustache is one of the more intriguing nebulae, looking at it vertically in wide field, it always made me think of a DNA strand The Vela SNR area really is full of goodies, many cool bits to shoot.

Mike
Cheers Mike, yes I'm a bit tempted to revisit this as a two panel vertical mosaic - At that orientation it resembles red fairy floss on a blue stick (of DNA perhaps?) Probably won't this time though as I've spotted another bit that intrigues me now - so many target choices in Vela!