View Single Post
Old 20-04-2019, 10:15 PM
JeniSkunk (Jenifur)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
It is an XSB-01, and all the maker markings are either Japanese or Chinese - I have NO IDEA! Anyone know who/where it was made? Seems too nice optically and mechanically (SUPREMELLY smooth rack and pinions including the stage control etc) to be Chinese, but you never know.

It's missing one objective - it has a 40 and 10, so either a 4 or 100 is missing. Anyone got some old 160/0.17 spares? I'd probably go with a 4 as 100 is pushing it It's also missing the mirror, but I can jerry rig a light source instead if need be (the condenser is there, and the iris is perfect). It's also missing the slide holder posts and clamps (it has the moving stage at least).

It is BEAUTIFULLY engraved D of E NSW so I presume Dept. of Education NSW. Looks at least 1960's era. It had an old adhesive tag with Written Off 2-04-08, so it seems to have been in inventory a good while! I removed that as it was peeling badly.

If anyone has any parts, please let me know. I really don't want to put a Chinese objective in it. If I can't find the parts, I'll likely resell, as incomplete will bug me endlessly...obsessive compulsive anal retentiveness
I did a quick Google Image Search on 'microscope "XSB-01"' to see if there were any pics available of the oriental characters you were talking about.
I hit paydirt.
Ebay - Old Microscope XSB-01 in Wooden Box Laborgerät Microscopes 725290 Look Technique

Is this ID plate the same as yours (serial number excluded)?
https://cdn04.trixum.de/upload2/4700...34748a1fed.jpg

Using Google Translate on that picture of the ID plate, the middle line of Chinese text translates as 'People's Republic'. the lowest 2 characters translate as 'Made in'

There's also this one on Piclick.de
Altes Mikroskop XSB-01 im Holzkasten -756139- mit Zubehör, sehr guter Zustand
This one shows more of the items that should be in the complete kit.

In the case of this microscope, the correct objective to keep it original, would be a Chinese one.

Hope this small amount of info I was able to find is of some help.