View Single Post
Old 14-04-2018, 10:47 AM
darrellx (Darrell)

Houghy

I like that - time travel with style.

Hi All

I think I have my plan for power and data connectivity mostly sorted. But I do have one issue I am trying to resolve. Cable Management.

With my old Pier, I simple velcro'ed a USB Hub, Dew Controller and power cable to the side. The cables then just looped up to the relevant device, and generally, all was fine. (EQ6 Pro)

Now that I am in an Observatory, I have been rethinking this.

I am making a power distribution box, and looking to get a new USB 3 Hub. Conduit has already been run under the floor.

My dilema is, how do most attach their "rigrunners" or equivalent to the equipment? From what I have read, the three options seem to be attach to the Scope, the Rings, or a Base Plate.

All this might be irrelevant because I am waiting on a Mach1. This I believe has through-the-mount cabling. So, for those of you who have this option already, would it be more straight-forward and suitable to still velcro boxes to the Pier, then run cables through the mount? Because I have essentially used this successfully in the past (attaching to the Pier), I am much more comfortable with this option.

Thanks
Darrell