View Single Post
Old 13-06-2012, 09:18 PM
DJ N

Quote:
Originally Posted by swannies1983 View Post
At the end of the day, this is all that matters. Maybe try 10minute subs and see what the result is?

I can't answer why your DEC graph is like it is. I was in a very similar boat to you. My DEC line would go all over the place, mainly over correcting i.e. used to swing in the opposite direction by 1-2 pixels. I also re-greased the DEC axis, tried different settings, balanced slightly camera heavy, slight offset in polar alignment. Nothing worked.

An interesting section is in the 3rd quarter of your graph. The trace goes down before going up (by too much as well). Was there a command sent just before the trace went down? I used to get this as well.

At the end of the day, I have given up using PhD to guide in DEC. I just get a good polar alignment and manually correct in DEC every now and then.

Hi Dan,

Normally I run 12 minute subs and they are still OK. As I was imaging Omega, I though 5 minute subs would suffice. I was thinking of guiding with DEC guiding turned off, however will leave that for when we get some better weather.

I suppose as long as I am getting round stars, that is the main thing!

Thanks,

Daniel