View Single Post
Old 16-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Calin
Space Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerg View Post
The 350D has mirror lock-up so the 400D probably does. I find it more of a pain than useful so don't use it most of the time, but if your telescope mount is prone to vibrations it would be a big advantage to have it.
I went through this process a few months ago and settled on the 400D, sorry Nikon fans, I have friends who are ardent supporters of each, but the 400D just had too many extras that I couldn't pass up on. It also has the mirror lock-up option, and appears slightly in front as far as general purpose SLRs go regards astro imaging over its Nikon cousins, but this depends on personal preferences really, as a novice I can't pick the subtle differences. I haven't had a chance to use it for astro as yet and am still on the learning curve with this. It's a great camera and very easy to use (I have never owned an SLR before), I wanted a versatile camera for general photography as well.

My wife's 2c, "the 400D doesn't display a live view of what your looking at on the LCD like so many other digital cameras do, including her Fuji S7000, so as far as she is concerned her camera is way better".

The manual for the 400D is available for DL and will answer many questions regards what features it really has, just 'Google' it. I had the manual long before I got the camera to make sure it had what people were talking about, as so many reviews often started with 'I'm not sure but I think is has such and such ...'

Cheers