View Single Post
Old 26-09-2010, 10:51 PM
pgc hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Good to hear that you finally got a chance to do some observing and that you had a better night than I did. I had about 5 minutes between collimating and cloud cover. Catching those transits is always a joy and sounds like you saw some good detail. I agree about thin cloud cover giving the illusion of cleaning up the image.
Been a long time coming, was nice to do what I enjoy most once again. It's quite amazing the detail on Jupiter in sub-good seeing, compared to the typical supersonic jetstream. It's fun watching all those white ovals, cloud bands, barges and curdled detail snap into focus! Seeing last night was generally very sub-ordinary, defocusing the planet slightly one could watch in awe at the "violence" of the air rushing past. I'd love to see it in genuinely good seeing.

Quote:
Hope you find your cable.
Don't think so, can't find the bloody thing anywhere. Come to think of it, my brother came and took some of his stuff away from his former room, where my gear is now stored....and may have took the cable with him....