View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Kevnool (Kev)
Fast Scope & Fast Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroy View Post
Hi jjjnettie.. Thanks for the warm welcome.. I am in Carina on the southside. I am a little busy this time of year but will definatly try and get to one of the community events very soon.
The family and i were invited to a friends place in Springbrook for new years eve and i took some time to have a good look arround the sky without all the light pollution.. I was looking arround Orion for the Horse head nebula (wasn't expecting much so wasn't dissapointed when i couldn't see anything) but i did find and was delighted to see in much detail M43 Nebula. I am hooked!
I do have one question though.. I was also looking at Jupiter again and in particular the position of the moons. I have a copy of The SkyX First light Edition which is great for a newbe like me.. I shows the moons of jupiter but not in the positions that i was observing. I checked the date and time and location details in the software and they were correct and i also womndered if my telescope was fliping the image but no it's the right way up.. So what gives, is the software wrong?

Cheers
Lee
Hi Lee search google for Jupiter2 it is free software that plots the positions of the moons in real time or put a time in it to see the GRS when it spins around.

It is good software.

Cheers Kev.