View Single Post
Old 25-03-2018, 08:18 PM
ozstockman (Mike)

VC200L, pier, EQ6 Pro Skywatcher mount and extras.

Hi guys,

Due to relocation to Brisbane and the fact that I cannot use my astronomy gears at my place(too many trees) I have decided to sell all my astronomy gear. I will make and post all images later if anyone is interested. I open to a reasonable offers and I would prefer a local pick up.

I have the following:

1)Skywatcher EQ6 Pro mount on castors. The castors are not DIY, they were purchased a few years ago from some astronomy shop. I should have original caps from legs somewhere but it may be hard to find them in all boxes I have. If it is critical for a buyer just let me know and I will check all boxes. Otherwise it is good on castors, just roll it from a storage look wheels and the whole mount will be quite stable. The mount was used for a few years back in Melbourne. I checked it recently hooking my Sony A7s to it and it worked just fine. A bit of rust on weights though.

2) A solid steel pier for a EQ6 Pro head, a bit rusty and white in colour. Paid $550 for it custom made. It is very heavy. I used it in shed back in Melbourne but after relocation to Brisbane put the mount on its original tripod with castors.

3) VC200L tube in fantastic condition. I used it no more than 10 times and it was in a box for years. A complete set with all original pieces including a cheap electronic focuser mounted.

Also I have:

a Vixen reducer, a guide scope with QHy5 guiding camera camera mounted.

A tactical reticle with laser patterns(cross, dot and some more)

And a Bluetooth-serial dongle for the mount wireless control, I used it to control this mount through ASCOM. I am not sure if the battery in it is still ok. It has not been used for at least 5 years. Happy to give it to a buyer with VC200L at no extra cost.

I would prefer to sell everything to one buyer with local pickup from Kenmore Hills(4069). I would help as much as I can with setting it up but please keep in mind I have not done it all in years so a buyer can probably do it faster if it is their current hobby.
The OTA has its original box and it may be possible to post anywhere in Australia but I will give priority to any local buyer even if they offer slightly less.

Any reasonable offer will be considered.

The OTA PACKAGE HAS BEEN SOLD.
The PIER HAS BEEN SOLD.

Last edited by ozstockman; 18-04-2018 at 06:46 PM.