View Single Post
Old 24-02-2021, 11:19 AM
rocco57au (Rocky)

Martin, your very welcome. Thank you for your long and detailed reply, information like this is priceless as I can find it very challenging to find and understand a lot of things on the internet due to my disabilities.

Any reason why your using Gain 200 on the 071MC ?

My histogram was pushed all the way to the left and my understanding was to have it back towards the center. So I played around for hours with different exposure lengths and gain settings until I came up with a combination that slightly resembled what I was trying to achieve. Not the ideal settings but I was able, for the first time, to accomplish something that was visually pleasant.

I now understand that there is a lot more for me to learn and I am considering various viable options for me to leave my gear outside without having to set up each night we get clear skies (provided my mind and body are up for it). This usually takes up a lot of time to set up and not to mention the amount of energy required which I seem to have very little of these days.

I'm looking forward to my next imaging session and will definitely put into action what you have given me here afterall, your techniques are producing results that belong in the more advanced section of this forum rather than the beginners.

As for wonky stars, I never had any issues with my Atik 314L. This is going to require some further investigation.

Thanks!