View Single Post
Old 22-08-2019, 09:12 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwjohn View Post
My purpose in responding was to encourage the OP to research the subject for himself using reputable sources of data and analysing the facts, and to show at least a modicum of respect for those that devote their lives to doing so, and to appreciate that they might just know what they are talking about.

Linking religion to the big bang theory is simply bunk ,and has always been so. Your view of history is simply wrong.

I have absolutely no interest in commenting further.
Your intentions are good which means you are a good man and because you are a good man I will help you find truth.

But know this I am not wrong in relation to the history as to the general response of scientists at the time when the big bang theory was first aired in so far as the objection was the big bang theory was too close to religion...this is a fact ..no question..fact...fact..fact.

Any simplistic research will show the position and I respectfully suggest your do such research rather than responding with a knee jerk that leaves you missing the reality.

I could link to various things but will extend to you the recognition that you are capable of entering Google the simple question "early religious objections to the big bang theory" ... further your reluctance to continue commenting is certainly a wise decision if you wish to continue to assert that at the introduction of the big bang theory was not met with objections that it was religiously motivated..as you can not find that my assertion is not on the mark...
And although the big bang speaks only of the evolution of the universe it takes us back to a point where we are apparently only a mere fraction of a second away from the creation event...so the theory is rather wonderfull in so far as it describes everything but avoids creation if only by mere zillionths of a second.
So simple... my commentary is irrelevant to the fact that back at the first presentation of the theory the main rejection from scientists was that it was too linked to religion to be valid...that's the history there for anyone seeking the truth to research.
Look it up if you dare.
Alex