Thread: Printing Images
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2012, 04:53 PM
alistairsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandum View Post
I've been down the local BigW to print a couple of images and I've done it before and know they come out dark so I normally brighten them up before printing using the kiosk terminal software.

Why do I need to brighten them? When I submit them to print the on screen image looks washed out and the print looks nothing like the on screen image, it's much darker. Should I be using another technique? I normally just take a tiff on a stick straight out of photoshop.

I only have a B&W laser printer here. BigW charge about $4 for an 8x12 print.

Hi Robin,

Its possible that your screen isn't calibrated. What colour space are you using in PS and what type of Display? you should be able to download drivers for almost all lcd's, and if available, icm profiles for your display so the display is calibrated. Download the advanced drivers for your display card, they'll have utilities for colour adjustment like temp, bias, etc.
Also try opening it in another software, does it look the same as in PS or try different monitor if possible?
I've printed an image of mine in BigW and it came out very close to what it was on screen . if it still looks the same, then maybe the BigW printers aren't calibrated. you'd have to try another vendor. Those machines are usually well calibrated and are quite sophisticated. But it depends on the vendor. If you print a pic taken with your slr, does it look natural? I'd be surprised if it doesn't.