Thread: IOS 5 problems.
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Omaroo (Chris Malikoff)
Let there be night...

Looks like a good percentage of users are still experiencing battery drain issues Phil - and some even worse than before.

Try a few tips here: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/i...;siu-container

I believe that Apple are working pretty feverishly to track down the circumstances differentiating some users from others. If you take a snapshot of the number of people out there with various models and a plethora of different apps loaded and settings applied - it'd be a very difficult job to find a common cause.

I think that a little patience will reward you. Apple are not known to let customers swing if they can help it. It's a software issue, so it most likely won't take long to fix. I'm not in agreeance with the notion that iOS is any "buggier" than the others - I've been in both camps for a long while now at developmental level and I know what my preference still is. A change might be as good as a holiday... until you get your bar bill.

Give it time - they'll sort it, and with the pressure they're under it'll be soon. I couldn't imagine how much of a backwards step a keyboarded device would be after pure multitouch on a device designed for quick consumption. You may as well go back to a laptop!

In reference to going back to iOS 4: I presume that because pretty-well everyone has gone with iOS 5, (a prominent upgrade that entails many many off-device changes (iCloud, etc)), that Apple knows how complex the "whole picture" is now, and is actively preventing people from completely screwing up their own data and apps. Remember - many apps that you've updated recently now won't work under iOS 4 because they're now iOS 5 specific. It's those that get angry about this that really don't try to understand it before blowing a popper valve - and because the iOS/OSX experience is usually so fluid, hiccoughs are oh-so less tolerated by your average user.

Last edited by Omaroo; 06-12-2011 at 08:57 AM.