View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 12:49 AM
Maccawacca (Michael)

Sky Rover ULT 80 ED Glass Triplet 80mm APO Refractor Telescope

Hi - Firstly, I must state that I know very little about Telescopes and Astro-photography. I care for my dad full-time and have finally saved $2000 I wish to spend on a telescope and mount.

I am considering the Sky Rover 80ED and a Skywatcher Mini AZ Gti mount costing $2150. I do own a Canon 1100d camera. I will also buy a T-ring Adaptor. I am also very aware that over time I will need to spend extra money as I become competent and experienced.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find any reviews on the WWW regarding this Telescope.

I am writing on this forum for the 1st time in the hope that members can advise if this telescope and mount are of the quality for the dollars being asked.

I would so appreciate any suggestions on scope and mount for about $2000. Due to my circumstances being a Carer to my Dad, it is most likely financially that my 1st purchase will be my last. That is why it is important for me to get the best scope for astrophotography I can for the limited money I have to spend. Thanks and hoping for some assistance.