View Single Post
Old 14-10-2020, 11:51 AM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
Wow that's joyous! A beautiful image of a beautiful galaxy. Lots happening. We like the bold but meaningful saturation - showing the activity in the galaxy.

Lots and lots of happy little creatures in the far distance also.
It's the Little Creatures that taste so good

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahnpahwa View Post
Unreal, Mike Good job on making the most of the one good night on offer!
Cheers JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
That's a really nice rendition. Conditions have been trying at best lately to get the money shot between clouds and turbulent soup.
Thanks Marc, will be a little disappointing to only get one night out of over a weeks worth taken off

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc4darkskies View Post
Nicely done Mike! A photogenic albeit small spiral. Love the background galaxies visible through the arms.

I'd probably add a bit more colour data though - to minimise colour noise.

I envy you being able to capture an image in one night. I managed to get 6 hours of Luminance on Monday. A couple of brain fart issues wasted some time. And I still need more Lum before I do RGB. I probably need another 2 nights at least! And the weather reports don't look good for the next week.
It's not hard to do really, certainly shouldn't be with an automated rig either although, yes, I have a fast F3.8 rig so that helps. I guess I'm a little less sensitive to colour noise than you too I think? Like all noise, I end up with a balance between making it look artificially denoised which can look worse to my eye, if a little bit of speckle hangs around here and there on close inspection...meah, all good I don't fret too much, I think I look at the overall appearance more

Mike