Thread: Rho Ophiuchus
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 12:20 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Sometimes you don't need the garish neon. A very classy and slick rendition
Thanks Peter. Gotta admit if I had more data I'd probably go the garish neon way. It's such a colorful region of the sky it's hard to resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff45 View Post
Good one Marc. Nice subtle colour.
Thanks Geoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderscope View Post
That is very well presented Marc. Nice smooth display of dust and nebulosity that is dispersed across the image and seemingly illuminated by the brighter stars in the image. The cluster is well resolved and colours stand out nicely without being over the top. Thanks for sharing
Thanks a lot Rodney. The clusters are resolved but a little flat in the core because there was such a difference in luminosity and contrast with the top left panel. I had to "HDR" parts of the field and it shows a little. I'll be able to fix that and have a better dynamic range when I collect more data for these panels. Clusters are meant to be sparkling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
Superb !!!!

The background is silky smooth with the long exposure. The stars are pin-points.

The whole thing looks amazingly three-dimensional, very visually pleasing.

Top notch Marc.
Thanks Mike. Certainly pleased with the resolution. Will improve the color later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
That's a nice vista Marc. Mosaics of this area with an FSQ can take quite a few panels to cover the whole area. I did that once when there was at least 2 weeks of clear weather every night. I missed a gap though.

Greg.
Thanks Greg. Yeah I remember your shots. It's a lot of area to cover and fainter than usual. Of all the scopes and lenses I've tried on it never been happy with the result. My sensor is smallish but with the oldQ I'm chipping at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
That's come together really nicely Marc
Thanks Chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Lovely muted colours, It's amazing how there are so many different variations to this area in images.
Thanks Nikolas. Certainly a variety of processes on the web when you look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
Oh so smoooooth. Love it.
Thanks a lot Pete.