View Single Post
Old 27-04-2005, 04:44 PM
seeker372011 (Narayan)
6EQUJ5

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey
Thanks for the recommendations Seeker.
Having no experience at all with imaging, I will have to rely on Zane's help.
On the website, he says

So the 100mm Apo would give the better results?
I think Zane usually has the 100 mm apo set up for imaging and his Lx 200 for guiding

Seem to recall that he no longer has his Vixen but could be wrong

You could always swap them around but that apo produces some really stunning images

also he has a collection of images taken through his various scopes so you can decide for yourself

You dont really have to make a choice of scope now-no one else will be in the farm stay so its not as if you dont book the scopes someone else will use them.

When you book the place just remember to tell him or his wife that you are keen in imaging and are a newbie and he will recommend appropriately.

When I stayed at Magellan he was thinking of getting some more equipment so he may well have more in by now.

The other interesting thing was he has this great collection of (non astronomy related ) videos and lots and lots of astronomy magazines and books that go back twenty years so there is something to do even during the day.

You would only go this place if you wanted to be able to get a feel for all this gear and look through someone else's scopes exclusively in a way it wouldn't be possible say at a star party --and not just because it is a dark site.