View Single Post
Old 24-06-2016, 10:38 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

There have been some minor improvements and some personal changes of cam85m by "Faddy" and they look great. I also think he use G106 case, which was slightly smaller. His set-up is pretty damn good indeed.

Looks as if cam86 might be final instalment with the Atmega328 to provide flash firmware updates and a USB hub. The thing I saw with Faddy's unit was some of the parts used are a little harder to get but so far a quick check shows them available!

I am doing an eaglecad drawing of his unit at the moment but it'll take some time as I just went from ver 5.6 to 7.5. Glad I did 5.6 was too old and lacked parts and footprint data.

This said.....I'm happy to use his gerbers and order PCBs now if you wish! The only downfall is I have little mechanical engineering equipment but can do basics. We will need a nose piece for filter and to seal against the case.

Not fused on cooling, yeas saw the other versions but since cooling is controlled but out of case electronics I'm not fussed.

edit:
doing a full parts list/cost and availability now.

edit edit:
Errrrgggghhh been at it for hrs...lots of cross checking. There are quite a few changes made by Faddy.....Might have to ask for parts list!

Last edited by wasyoungonce; 24-06-2016 at 03:05 PM.