View Single Post
Old 26-02-2017, 05:38 PM
kkara4 (Krishan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
Sounds like there's an issue with the fan I'd say - but, yeah, I'd look into getting that replaced/fixed as that's quite unusual.
Thanks Chris, yes it must be, although i am now very suspicious of the whole camera. It is now completely unusable. The first night of testing i was able to pull 300 second subs no worries. second night i had a couple of lockups where i had to restart the computer. indoor testing on the third day, and now i can no longer even start firecapture, it cannot initialise the camera. after about 10 restarts, i finally got it to initialise, and as soon as i changed the gain in firecapture, the preview came up with "capture failed", which were its final moments before being put back in the box lol.

Attached are 2 second (21 frame) stacks of a defocused star taken 5 seconds apart, one with the cooler plugged in and one without. (yes i was as horrified as you can imagine). i thought i would leave these here for anyone else that may experience similar problems.

As an aside, this is the version of the camera with the USB hub on the back but no dessicant port on the side. on the plus side, at least ill receive the port version as a replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (201921_g4_ap6.jpg)
74.3 KB25 views
Click for full-size image (201951_g4_ap6.jpg)
72.6 KB25 views