Thread: Meade LX 65, 8"
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2019, 07:32 PM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

Lx65 ? , never heard of this model , Do you mean as Malcolm says LX55 ? .
To add to the confusion there is the monster LX 650 , but this bad boy is in the proffesional sizes , like carry a 12 - 16 inch Meade SCT and these are BIG ? , read expensive .

I have had a little to do with the LX55 carrying a friends Saxon 150mm Mak and altho older these still work well if you take the time learning the way to use it , a bit different to Celestron and skywatcher as these are newer and still able to be up-dated .

I am not sure about Meades LX55 software updates , someone else might help here ,.

But all in all I found the LX55 system good if you take the time to learn it's quirks ,, and there are a few .

What sized Dob do you have , I would say a 200mm f4-5 is about max for a LX55 for visual , AP would be a stretch , eg. frustrating . .

Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS View Post
Hi All
Does anyone on the forum own a Meade LX 65? Im looking at getting this as I already own a meade.........and a skywatcher dob..........and celestron.......but anyway. I like the idea of the ability of attaching a second OTA for various reasons, out reach, narrow field and wide field observing at once, simple planetary observing with my zwo camera as well as physically observing as well etc. Anyway, if you own one please let me know how you find it.

Cheers

Mat