View Single Post
Old 25-03-2013, 12:17 PM
bloodhound31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeal View Post
The DMK/DBK certainly, but before spending that much, buy and try one of these Baz, either the mono, or the colour. Best value for money out there.
http://zwoptical.com/Eng/Cameras/ASI120/index.asp
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by asimov View Post
If I were just starting out, I wouldn't hesitate to try the ASI120MC Baz, 'bang for buck' based on comparison prices & comparison images from them compared to the Imaging Source camera's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Yep the Chinese one is certainly a contender too. I have seen some nice images produced from them. I would not use that much magnification Barry as the light drop off is significant and you will have the gain up too high to effectively create a good histogram. That is the xaximum of 3x for that aperture. Even then it might still be too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriverone View Post
I use the DBK21Au618 for my planetary images Baz, the seeing hasn't been too kind for me, but the results leave my toucam for dead.

+1 vote for me for the DBK.

Cheers

Chris
Thanks guys, great info and experience here to draw from.

The ED120mm scope has a 2" receiver for eyepieces and cameras. What does this mean for a planetary camera? It seems the chips in them are very small and don't need the whole 2 inches. Looks like they come in 1.25" anyway. Do these cameras come with the adapters to fit them to the telescopes or do you have to buy them separately?

Paul, if 4x is too much for my 120mm, what about 2x? Is it worth it? Why?

What software do I need to run the camera and process the images? Do they come in 64 bit for my new 64bit OS?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I don't have a bad case of buyers remorse.