View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 11:04 PM
RyanJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Peter
Thanks for the encouragement
Neighbours like to waste power leaving flood lights on til late for no apparent reason , its their right I suppose. Movement sensors would be a logical approach for all of us. Artificial light pollution is not getting any better in big City’s , its actually getting worse.
Fortunately I have my South Coast retreat where I can enjoy bortle 3 skies ( and more importantly no neighbours lights )
I’ve always been impressed with what you produce with your light pollution with no filter Martin. Tonight, I’d have to tentatively disagree that city light pollution is getting worse..... stay with me. Down in the Covid capital tonight we’ve headed into stage 4 lockdown. The moon is full and there’s only breaks in the cloud cover but I think for the first time ever, I can see every star that makes up the scorpius constellation from my Bortle 8 backyard. One of the very few things I have to look forward to at the moment is maybe some delightful imaging once the moon moves away and all the lights are turned off.