View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 06:50 PM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman_iac View Post
Thanks for the comments and ideas!

Tim: I had seen thr cloudyNights thread before, very cool and very well engineered. Regarding wobble, need to test it further. I have a 480mm refactor, sometimes add my 4x TeleVue Powermate (when I'm feeling crazy, haha).

Merlin: much simpler box idea is great, though think I'll hit the same cosmetic issues you did. Though if the obs is not visible from the street I'm in the clear.

ZeroID: Thanks for the input on the positions. I realise spot #2 is sub-optimal but I was thinking it's the best chance of a permanent setup. Spots 1 and 3 would take up prime real estate, though best views.

That being said, my scope is currently on wheels on a timber T-frame, I had a thought last night, if I cannot get a box-type outdoor cover (which my wife rigthly pointed out, with my skillset, probably won't be 100% water/weather/insect/animal proof) ... I could try modifiying the T-frame, to add some bits to allow we to push it up against the western wall of the balcony, so I have 'good' alignment everytime? I've tried markings before haven't been able to get it right.

Will keep you posted, thanks again!
If you can do a solar noon plumb bob shadow for your Nth\Sth line and you are more than half way there.