View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 09:50 PM
tim.stephens (Tim)

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the late reply. Busy with work and life again. It does wobble but only if I put my full weight into it - the legs aren't exactly secure on the ground and I simply have them up on concrete blocks. Tested out the floating floor tonight (first clear night in about three months, no kidding). Zero movement in the scope with more wobble than I'll ever get with wind so it seems to work.

Too late to take pics but I'll do so at the next opportunity to show what I've done with the internals. Hope it gives you some inspiration for your build!

Automation is only via windows remote desktop and a computer mounted in the box. I'm trying to source a gate opener at the moment but not high on the priority list just yet.

I have to say, it's a real dream not to lug all the gear in and out each night. Plus, I actually felt I could spend the time polar aligning the scope perfectly. My guiding was the best it's ever been. REALLY.

Tim

Edit: forgot to say that the upshot of all this bad weather we've been having is I really got to test my weather proofing. Sideways rain and hail, not a single leak!! All that silicone and expansion foam must have done something... :-)

Edit 2: My 3yr old son has christened it the 'vegetarium' because it's a 'planetarium' near the vege patch. hahaha.