View Single Post
Old 15-04-2014, 12:26 PM
SimmoW (SIMON)
Farting Nebulae

Well we sound like we'll get along just peachy! I'm only very new to astronomy, though I've been interested in it for most of my 40 yrs or so here. But never invested in the hobby, never owned a telescope, almost fearing how much I might enjoy it.

So, when I decided to get a scope, a good buddy who loves his Tak 102N and baby Tak convinced me to go the whole hog for a first scope! I've seen many people spend heaps of money upgrading their scopes, so because I've taken to it so late, I figured I might as well get the best, or close to best. Why wait years I say. Though I have bought a light bucket for casual observing though - the Lightbridge 12 inch. Ha, it feels like an early model Hyundai car, compared to a military Benz for the Tak!

Got myself some great EPs too, some Televue Delos, already proving to be amazing buys, compared to the $59 Bintel 42mm eyepiece I'm also using. So crisp. Again, can't wait to mate those little jewels to the Tak. But some in the forums say it's not great for observational? Yet Tak say it's capable. What you think? Need a coma corrector (again, Tak don't seem to encourage it)?

Wow you sound very experienced and have owned a few scopes it seems! Keep in touch, it'll be good to sound off ideas and comparisons. And that focuser sounds promising.