View Single Post
Old 13-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Dober (Steve)

14mm 9mm & 6.5 Morpheus reviews

With regards to Don's comments,

I would agree and suspect that it is difficult and possibly a little unfair to comment on performance without ideal test parameters in place but having said that everyone is entitled to make comment.

Don raised the example of a Podiatrist, me I would say hard to judge the performance of motor bike if it’s out of tune. So, what does one need to fine tune an optical system.

From my research and limited experience, fast Newts are harder on eyepieces, hence my purchase of the F6 as first my scope. For the time being I wanted to assemble a quality set of eyepieces that will perform well in my scope without pushing either the scope or the eyepiece beyond what could be reasonably expected. That is of course given clean mirrors, correct collimation, good seeing and so on.

Later when I upgrade to a bigger and faster Newt. I expect I may then have to invest in a Paracorr, but having good eyepieces to start with I am hoping that’s all I will need to again get the best from that optical system. If that makes sense.

Maybe one won't be necessary, that would save $$ but having purchased some quality wide field eyepieces I won't hesitate to grab one to have clear observing through the full field.

Steve