View Single Post
Old 21-09-2016, 05:07 PM
spiezzy

Another Question on Flats Sorry !!!

Hello to all
right I have sorted my Gain and off set issues and I think the guiding is under control my next big venture is FLATS yes Flats ooooh noooo !!!
I have a ASI1600mc and all through my astro imaging I have not had any luck with flats so I never bothered taking them .I have used synthetic Flats in Nebulosity 4 but I guess they would not be as good as the real thing .
Soooo I have a Illuminated Panel which works good for even illumination and is variable brightness .I have been playing around with it and can get the ADU down to about 35000 my question is if I take lights at Unity Gain 139 and 21 off set do the flats have to been taken at unity Gain as well which the best ADU I can get is approx 40000 the other thing is I have 3 peaks showing on the Histogram would this be due to the camera being a OSC ?
I have only tried this during the day and I have a truss Newtioian with a shroud cover but the light still gets in so my exposures are 0.06 sec is this a bit fast is will be a little longer at night but what type of exposure times should I be looking at sorry for all the questions but this is the last this I need to conquer and would love to do so
many thanks for your time and help
cheers Pete