View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 08:02 AM
rat156

It's a fine idea Mark, but might I suggest that at least for the first few years you have it in either Melbourne or Sydney?

There are a couple of reasons for this.

If you want to generate interest, then one of the major capital cities is the way to go as about half of your attendees won't have to travel too far. Also the OS attendees would not have to go on an internal flight. I know from experience that the last thing you want to do after arriving in Aus from the US is get on another flight.

School hols in the Gold Coast may be expensive for accommodation as well, in fact school hols aren't the same from State to State anyway.

I think it's an excellent idea BTW, I would be glad to attend as long as the price is reasonable. It sort of ties in with another idea of mine to publish an online Astrophoto mag. I have all the hardware necessary to produce a magazine (I do two from home at present). Online publishing reduces the overheads to near zero, so a little support from the industry may be required, but I'd hope to do it for pretty much nothing. All I'd need at contributors...

Cheers
Stuart