View Single Post
Old 13-03-2022, 04:08 PM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

Happy to help and its up to you to decide to follow it or not, its why i prefer helping in person where I can just set up stuff like the hosts file and its done and doesnt need updating but updating periodically does help expand its effectiveness and I can usually put together some quick and dirty instructions for them to follow in future and even if they lose or ignore it the machine wont stop working as a result. It dont blame people fore their ignorance, my knowledge comes from decades of experience both good and bad and i sometimes do things oddly but its a way i’ve learnt to trust. Its not as simple as checking out a course on youtube or buy this book, teaching doesn’t teach understanding. And most people just dont have interest in this sort of stuff and just trust Nortons will protect them always (which it wont) sp i’m happy to help someone i feel isnt skilled enough to help themselves, people who really should or even do know better i tend to remain quiet and let them drown instead of help. I get treated poorly a lot so some types of people just rub me the wrong way but i feel good about you and want to help. Just the years of reading you around the forum so feel free to ask me stuff just not Mac related i’m dumb as a bag of dead oxen thereas well as not an Apple fan..