View Single Post
Old 26-06-2012, 04:11 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcheshire View Post
Hi Greg. I chose it for all the points you mention, it's form factor, somewhere between a DSLR and compact and to some extent the slightly retro look. Image quality was at the top of the list. And yes, focus is a bit slow, but sharp with brilliant colour.

This replacing all my gear and will spend a lot of time with me because it is light and easy to manage.

The firmware updates for the body and lens improve several functions. The thing that most will notice is the noisy and slower AF - but when it locks on, sharp as a tack.

I will post some examples as soon as I have time and play with the lens to find an optimal AP f ratio.
I look forward to seeing what you can do with it.

Its an amazing camera and a technological breakthrough getting away from the annoying and outdated Bayer matrix which is so 70's and causes as many problems as it solves. I think the main camera makers have refined their systems to accomodate the Bayer matrix very well but probably have hit a wall with nothing much left to tweak there. So sensors with alternative layouts see ready to take over. The Foveon sensor has its fans but is poorly executed but Fuji have done a great job with their sensor. I wonder if we'll be seeing those Kodak true sense sensors in cameras soon? They've been around for a couple of years now.
Greg.