View Single Post
Old 18-01-2020, 09:10 PM
JeniSkunk (Jenifur)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyoutback View Post
You bought the right choice ' did you know beforehand or did research ?
I did, what I thought, was plenty of research, checking the reviews, reading about how the various budget scopes performed, and looking for known issues.

The major stuff I was worrying about was how much physical footprint did the scope need. I don't recall any mention of the design of primary mirrors in the reviews, though.

Now that I know a bit more, I know of what other details to check for in reviews. It's like a few days back, when I learned of the Curious Planet bankruptcy closing down sales. One scope I noticed on their site, was the Celestron Travel Scope 70. Reading the reviews turned me off that scope, fast. Cheap defective manufacture, and then I learned of this thread, and found that Celestron is in the Black List.

Quote:
I recently tried out a pair of fixed focus binoculars , the image was crook so I reached for the focus wheel that didn't exit , beats me how these actually sell as they're horrible

I have to laugh at that. You'd hit the same non-existent focus knob issue on my 10x50 binoculars. They're individual eyepiece focus.