View Single Post
Old 27-09-2023, 05:03 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

That looks great Joshua!
I also have the tilt thingie for collimation, it came with the near new CF RC I bought off a member here, used 3 times I believe (the scope).
I do have a question, I see how this system bolts to the rear housing/cover. but I've a little confused because currently the focuser mount ring attaches directly to the mirror. This is the thread this 90mm collar screws onto, I understand that part but I have to detach the original collar from the mirror first.
In saying this I better read again, I think I just somehow confused myself and maybe answered my own question at the same time.
Migraines do this to me, too frequently sadly.

Quote:
I will supply a threaded collar, threaded inside and out, it will screw onto the original m90 thread on the back of the scope, and my adapter will thread over this. This ensures it and the original thread are concentric with each other.

OK, that is what I read. I haven't pulled my RC down but I'm guessing detaching the original collar from the mirror shouldn't be a major problem.
Drilling and tapping the end cover shouldn't be a big problem either but what is the material it will be attaching to?
I guess I have a magnet here and can check that myself, I haven't looked. If it's carbon fibre is that easy to drill (and more importantly, tap?)
Oh OK, my son just said he believes it's alloy, that's easy.