View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 07:18 PM
BilliGoatsGruff (Billi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift13 View Post
I use a Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 with my D600 - very happy with the results.
Bought it in January for $485 from DWI (currently listed for $495 - there may be cheaper prices about, I haven't looked).
It definitely has good reviews I found one on Gumtree for $399 from Brisbane. Brand new the price is a bit more, but it seems hard to find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfitzgerald View Post
Hi Billi

I haven't got one yet, but am saving for and I have heard and read good things about the Samyang (Rokinon) 14 mm f2.8 manual focus lens. I haven't looked into the Tokina lens mentioned by Rohan - but will look into it.

Paul
They both seem to be similar in price, the Samyang being maybe $50 cheaper from what I have seen. I'm no doubt going to have to save, but I don't want to pay $1000 if I can get something just as good for $500!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanerSA View Post
Aren't the "pancakes" supposed to be good for this sort of thing? f/2.8 is pretty fast?

Billi, Did you get the PDF i emailed you?
I did it was quite interesting. Anything faster than f/3 is what I'm looking for. My derpy lense doesn't want to go lower than f/5, but I haven't tried it out so I don't know how bad it is.

*so I just fiddled with the manual settings again and it went down to f/3.5. I honestly have no idea why