View Single Post
Old 26-05-2023, 03:01 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

Probably silly suggestions (or ideas) would the EQ6 head mounted on a pier give a more solid load capacity?
I can't have any form of permanent set-up in a rental house but I am going to concrete a pier in the back yard (department of housing hopefully won't complain too much) and carry my mount head out to a near perfect alignment when I want to use it. Better than my current slap the tripod down in the yard and hope for the best.
In saying that I only have an EQ5 PRO but I recently rebuilt the head and changed from the standard roller bearing on the RA axis to a tapered roller bearing with the aid of an engineer friend with the equipment and skill to machine the head precisely 4mm deeper. I'm sure it's more stable and capable than it's ever been.

With the camera triggers creating a harmonic vibration of sorts could you not use some type of dampening rubber/material between the bars and the camera mounts?
I'm more familiar (aware of with my sons server equipment) with harmonics in stacked hard drives but actuating multiple shutters at the same time would have a similar effect I should imagine?

And JA, can I get a job where you work?
You have the equipment I can't even afford to dream of.