View Single Post
Old 30-03-2014, 02:39 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Back from the USA with a side x side solution by ADM. After a day of frustration re the vera plate and through the mount cables I finally have a balanced system. It looks like an anti-aircraft battery!

The TEC180 "unfortunately" came with the TEC focuser and not the Feather Touch. There is nothing wrong with the TEC except that there is no easy solution to motorize the focusing. I took the TEC focuser with me to Tucson. Dean - at Starizona - is making up a new model of motor housing to work with these focusers (which are quite a departure from the FT). Mine will hopefully be ready in a month or so, and then the motor will be for sale generally through Starizona. I'm also waiting on a part from Starlight for the TEC140 focuser so that I can finally eliminate all pressure fittings to the camera.

I had 2 counter weights left from my MX which I had drilled out at a local machine shop.

Now, I just need a clear night to polar align and run a pointing model, PEC , etc.

QUESTION: Since I will be running 2 cameras I've got to provide voltage to both. The ME power cable is rated for 20 volts 7.5 amps. The Trius power supply is rated 12 V 2.5 amps, and the Moravian 12 v 5 amps. Would it be a mistake to wire the 2 power supplies in parallel (12 volts, 7.5 amps?), and then split off power to each camera after it runs up to the control panel? Other options would be to buy a single larger 12 volt supply, or run a separate power lead through the mount which is my least favorite option.

Answered my own question re 2 power supplies. That won't work as it turns out the supply with even slightly higher voltage will take all the load

A bit closer but moving too slowly.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (ME-Home Position.jpg)
161.2 KB45 views
Click for full-size image (ME-Dual Scopes side x side.jpg)
196.0 KB51 views
Click for full-size image (ME-Dual Scopes side x side-02.jpg)
178.6 KB49 views

Last edited by PRejto; 31-03-2014 at 01:23 PM.