View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 10:12 PM
DavidTrap (David)
Really just a beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by troypiggo View Post
Interesting. Can you use Team Viewer over a LAN (ie without internet) with the free/home version? I'm thinking Astrofest.
This is the reason I've been using RDP. While it says Teamviewer can be used over LAN only, I've always had issues connecting - RDP worked, so I've just been using it for stuff on my local network. I use Teamviewer to remotely administer some computers at my folks house - works very well over the interwebulator.

I don't seem to be having similar troubles guiding with Maxim when using RDP - Windows 7 on the PC at the scope, Mac inside running RDP. Thanks for the heads up though - I'll try alternatives if any troubles arise.

I've always thought PHD was very intensive on the CPU. Other programs always seemed to "stutter" if PHD is running. Comments??

DT

Edit - here's a screenshot of my guiding graph from tonight. Using multistar guiding in Maxim, so lots of USB traffic to download the whole field from the Lodestar. The screenshot was captured from my Mac while accessing the PC via RDP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 10.13.11 pm.png)
24.5 KB42 views