Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan_L View Post
Hi Claude,
potentially I see two problems.

you wouldn't normally enter a minus sign if you are also entering "South"

and 60 seconds does not compute.
That is an extra minute.

Maybe this may help

It's been a long time since I ran a CPC, so memory is a little foggy on the details.
Regards
Allan

Thanks Allan. I think you hit the nail on the head on all 3 counts. You're right I think now the GPS is working (its a new new shiny sparkling scope and Im getting attached already) My big mistake (stupid I know) is that I was so busy fretting looking for the minus key that I didnt realise that as I was speeding through confirming the data the scope was throwing at me I also confirmed North when I should have toggled down to South. Im embarrassed but its best to be up front about it (I think?). The 60s I got from a site on the net that prompts you to type in your town/city etc and they'll tell you your co-ordinates. Ive got better more reliable co-ordinates now but I dont think Ill need them now and just let the GPS do its work.

So Im feeling pretty optimistic now that I will get the scope up and running tonight & it looks like it will be lovely clear skys AND of course the added bonus of the meteor shower.

Thank you for taking the trouble to advise me. It was very kind of you & is much appreciated.

Regards

Claude