View Single Post
Old 26-02-2020, 06:58 PM
ab1963 (Andrew)
Refractors-That’s It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
No Col, it does not scare me at all... i think i can afford it, but not sure if i would want to... i wonder if it is purely the brand rather than actual quality... But given the recent price hike, maybe its just catering for the demand..

Glad i got a refund for the Apollo 11 i purchased recently.. 'fortunately' it got stuck in customs (i bought it for the brand initially)... but i see that no one in the US are buying them (plenty of stock left)... and i doubt they will retain their value.. most of the Televue products sell for almost half their original price in the second hand market...

managed to buy a whole lot of accessories including two rival 100 deg eyepieces (APM hdc) for the amount i paid and had plenty of change left! pretty glad with the outcome.

TeleVue eyepieces as many other brands are user specific but the quality build and strict quality control are worth the money, I have had a lot of them but the ones that are suited to you and the scopes you use are magic, I have the Ethos 21 and 8, Nagler 17 t4 and have the 4.7 stellarvue 110 deg clone all bought used and are the best of the best for me but bought the coveted 31 Nagler and with the astigmatism in my viewing eye and the large exit pupil could not bring stars to pinpoint focus a significant improvement on the ES 30 but still not acceptable and with a lot of the other TeleVue eyepieces just did not suit me but when they are right they are perfect, My advice buy and sell the fl's and fov you are interested in until the ones that suit come along because when they do you will instantly know, The apollo 11 is a sore point with me and i think you dodged a bullet there as i think TeleVue went too far with marketing and pricing on this one and should not be bought as a valuable future family heirloom as this will definitely not be the case........