View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Russell

Bintel’s ad for the Sky-Watcher 6” f5 newt is not Bintel’s writing its Skywatchers writing copied by Bintel
SkyWatcher name all their F4 and F5 newts as either Astrographs or suitable for astrophotography
I chose to buy the Bintel GSO 6” f6 newt instead of an f5 as it has a focal length of 900mm which gives you more flexibility with imaging DSO’s , Planets and Moon
I have irrefutable evidence that my 6” f6 newt can image anything in the night sky with good detail from my Canon 600D DSLR at either of my 2 locations both Sydney ( Bortle 8 sky ) and south coast NSW ( Bortle 3 sky ) I’m happy to send more images if more evidence is required or there is any doubt !!
As mentioned previously you must have a dual speed focuser to allow fine focus of your objects for AP. An electronic focuser is an overkill on this scope but you can go down that path if you choose
Bintel can fit a dual focuser to the 6” f6 newt as they fitted mine and it works incredibly well . Speak to Don Whiteman he has done everything for me on my 6” f6 newt ( unless things have changed but he is usually very accomodating )

Cheers