View Single Post
Old 13-03-2012, 03:13 PM
troypiggo (Troy)
Bust Duster

G'day Mike,

Went through all of this not too long ago. H will be along shortly I'm sure as well.

After weighing up the cheaper grad filter options like Cokin, I went with the Lee filters. Think they're at the cheaper end of the higher quality filters. Only trouble with them at the moment is availability. Everyone seems to want them.

At the time I had some money burning a hole in my pocket for some reason, so I went a bit silly buying more than I really do need. But I figure it's an investment and they'll last. I got the foundation kit holder, 6x4 3 stop hard GND, 2 stop soft GND, and 3 stop reverse GND, 4x4 circ polariser, 10 stop big stopper ND. Think that's it.

Very happy with them. No colour cast like you get with some cheaper ones. The 2 I use the most are 3 stop hard for seascapes and the 3 stop reverse.

You don't need the holder, but I found I can't hold the filters in front of the lens long enough. Too clumsy. Think H does hand-hold the filters and "feather".

Don't forget to factor into your budget a filter holder/wallet so they don't get damaged/scratched.