View Single Post
Old 29-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Cloudyagain (Neale)

I don't want to sound too smart but if you figure out how to image on both sides of the horizon (above and below) you could be onto a real winner.

Neale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Ok, so now I have the PME pointing like a legend and guiding equally as nice, my next step is to incorporate a camera rotator so that I can image on both sides of the horizon (unless someone can tell me a fure fire way of rotating my images as well as the calibration frames so that I can use images from one side of the meridian to the other) on the same object.

My questions are:

1. Do I really need a camera rotator? Can calibration frames and images be rotated easily (ie in batches and which program?)

2. If I do need a camera rotator which one will work best on my TSA102? Takometer does not seem to fit this scope.

3. How do I intergrate software so that I can start on one side of the meridian and tell it to stop at say 4 in the morning. Bare in mind that cloud monitors might be talking to this also and influencing everything.

As you can see this is getting a little complicated. My goal is to image from home on any given night. I need to be able to use the camera rotator to fullfill part of this need.

I look forward to your responses.