View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 08:37 PM
ScopesNC (Jim)

WOW can it be explained

Hi

I know I'm new to this site and posted about my web site to get others to join in the fun we have using the site. As I start spreading the word I have run into one problem. My hope is it can be explained to me here.
I joined the Yahoo user group for G star video astronomy and explained to the moderator why I was joining. I wanted to spread the word about my site. I thought they were perfect for using the site. I was allowed to join the group. I posted my first post and told people about my site and that it was free and all are welcome. Much the same as I have done here.
With in minutes my post was removed and I was banned. With no explanation at all. I have since sent an e-mail asking why and even apologized for any wrong I may have committed. No response has been sent and that's OK. I don't want to join the group now. I found this treatment rude.
I'm not a political player and I don't sell cameras. I have a web site for video astronomers to use. It is a great out reach site and free for all to use. All of us have a great time using the site. It is a great way to observe the night skies and share our hobby.
I have one sponsor for my site with a very small add in the middle. He pays for my server which is not a cheap one by any means. If this sponsor is why I was banned then the least they should have done is remove my post and explain this to me. I'm sorry , but I hope I don't get this from everyone down that way. I just wanted folks to know about the site. That is all I was trying to do and will continue to do.

Please excuse my rant.

Jim
ScopesNC
Owner of Night Skies Network web site.
A site for fun ,enjoyment and sharing.