View Single Post
Old 29-12-2020, 06:19 PM
astro744

I only keep bringing up the Superview because I think for the money and at f10 they would be quite ok and you can decide if they provide suitable magnifications. The 68 deg field is much more pleasing than the 50 deg Plossl field (provided it is sharp of course). Nothing wrong with two Plossls though at all. I also use Brandon pairs also and these are narrower than Plossls. My preference is for the Panoptics or Naglers for the wider field of view.

My son has a 15mm Superview and it performs nicely in his short refractor (ST80). I have not tried it on my C9.25. I can offer non-theoretical recommendations in the form of two 19mm Panoptics as I know for sure these work very nicely with a Bino Vue in a C9.25 both at 1x and 2x with the amplifier/corrector in place. Note Tele Vue state that whilst their Bino Vue can be used in 1x mode in an SCT, it is better to use the 2x amplifier/corrector to remove any traces of residual spherical aberration. I can say that the view without the amplifier/corrector is quite acceptable in my C9.25.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any low cost pair and I see that you have posted a wanted ad for a Celestron 25mm. Perhaps someone will respond to that and get you started.