View Single Post
Old 28-05-2014, 12:28 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Bunn View Post

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the comments. I actually have a back log of data that i haven't processed from last year, maybe i will just add more to it this year and process it as one.

The tube reinforcing, it seems i had some flexure. The stars in the corners of my ship and elsewhere on the chip changed shape as i slewed around the sky. I cant be sure where the flexure was coming from on the tube or whether it was from a number of sources (it wasnt the camera gear or focuser). But the braces fix it Performs great. Maybe for a smaller chip it wouldn't have mattered, but the STL isn't a small chip and i was also looking for high quality

Thanks
Great to hear you solved the star shape issue, the frame looks lovely

It seems that many scopes, even high end ones, need some clever investigation and correction to get them to sing at times. E.g. While still providing acceptable results, with my large 16803 chip on my very fast AG12 I would love to have some easy image plane tilt adjustments available ...buuut instead of fabricating a solution.... I just started using a smaller chip ...of course I will likely return to using the big chip on the AG12 in the future ...so I too will have to work something out then

Mike