View Single Post
Old 16-10-2015, 06:42 PM
lazjen (Chris)
PI cult member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod771 View Post
Hi Chris

I'm pretty sure PE cycles through every 8 minutes. Looking at your first graph your run appears to roughly finish around the 5 min mark? That would rule out PE as your major problem because you wouldn't see the RA graph rise and fall that many times in 5 mins due to PE.

I suspect seeing is your major problem, as it is for us all. Try a higher exposure time of 2.5 to 3 sec and increase the RA min move so you're not sending guide commands every exposure. This may help settle the RA down a bit.
Thanks for the reply, Rod.

I've just come back from an unsuccessful dark site visit (weather, technical issues, human issues *sigh*), so I'll have to set up again in the observatory and go through the alignment process. I'll have a better go at sorting it out this time.

If seeing is the issue (it has to be part of the problem), wouldn't that also affect the Dec graph too? As in I should see the Dec vary as much too and therefore be able to use this as a test?

And I'll try the changes you suggest. Any idea what a good min move value would be?