View Single Post
Old 25-07-2016, 10:35 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Got some new 63/37 solder, .56mm from Mektronics, on sale. I'll need to do some solder practice boards to re-learn eutectic soldering again. I generally use 64/40 due to cost.

Also got some more equipment to get my Vacuum de-solder working 100% again. This will really help de-soldering the sensors. I did some trial vac de-soldering on an old cct board...around a second per leg "bingo" all solder gone. Sony does state (with their ICX413 sensor):
"To dismount an image sensor, do not use a solder suction equipment. When using an electric desoldering tool, use a thermal controller of the zero-cross On/Off type and connect it to ground."

Which I take to mean hand vacuum solder suckers are out proper vac de-solders are ok as long as zero point power switching and earthed tip. Gary asked me about this I said vac de-soldering should be ok. Mine is a proper vacuum de-solder (...a little old) but I'll interweave all the sensor pins with conductive wire (and probably connect to earth) before I attempt de-soldering.

Funny thing about the Sony anit-fog sheet...$5 HN...much more other places! Who'd have thunk it!

I was watching fleabay for Nikons, I saw one "damaged not working" they wanted ~ $60. I wasn't brave enough. Funny enough fleabay has Nikon sensors for sale reasonably cheap.

edit:
I'm also eyeing off some DMSO to "un-stick" the sensor from the carrier. Once used I should be able to send it on to others for them to use.
Reading up Onsemi handling notes on CMOS sensor atm, AN56521. Nothing I'm not aware of though.

Last edited by wasyoungonce; 25-07-2016 at 10:45 AM.