View Single Post
Old 20-05-2015, 12:18 AM
pgc hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinderboxsky View Post
Very comprehensive. Sounds like a very productive night. How long was your observing session?
Cheers
Steve
5 hours. It was a good night with some unexpected surprises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barx1963 View Post
Nice report Sab. I managed a couple of hours Sunday night also. Only moderately productive 4 or 5 new objects to add to the list. Dew was really bad and transparency was average but the seeing was very good down here.

Fold out tables are a lifesaver. Use mine for all the bits and pieces as I am setting up and then holds my charts and notebooks.

Apart from dew heaters, a table and chair are my number 1 accessory!

Malcolm
Thanks Malcolm. Interesting you had good seeing as here it was poor. Absolutely nothing to crow home about, despite near perfect forecast on the weather models regarding wind, pressure and all that. But that has been the theme of this year.... the more perfect the outlook, the worse the seeing. I cannot say anything positive about the seeing here on this particular night and this year in general. Mind you my obs area is about as far from ideal as possible, on a brick surface, built up area and the house blocking half the sky...

I have a full set of 1000 Oaks dew heaters for my 8", just gotta get of my big lazy behind and hook them up! 4-5 objects in a short session is good, remember it's not about how many targets you snag in a certain time period, but how much time you spend scrutinizing and studying them. I tend to spend 10-20 mins on a single target, I believe it helps you see more and get the most out of your conditions. Post your obs report, this dead subforum needs some action and something for me to read!

That fold out table was 38 bucks well spent.... now i just gotta score an observing chair and I'm all good